Search This Blog

Thursday 27 March 2014

Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control Foam Wash Review

By: Colleen

If I've said it once I have said it a million times. I have greasy skin. It's acne prone, but the major complaint I have is that it is seriously oily, even in the dead of winter. I've tried moisturizing it into oblivion in an effort to "balance out" the oil production and I still kind of think that's a bunch of hooey (but it's important to moisturize! Don't get me wrong, there!). Even when I use a primer, my makeup pretty much slides off of my face by the end of the day in the middle of summer (I get more mileage in colder weather, but only as long as I don't touch my face. If I touch it it will slide off). So, naturally, when I was looking at every single thing my local CVS/Walgreens/Wal-Mart/Target sold I perked up considerably when I saw this beauty on the shelves. Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control Foam Wash claims to wash away make up and impurities as well as actually lessen your skin's oil production. I felt like this was going to just be the next bone in my Face Washes My Skin Hates or Tolerates But Doesn't Love Graveyard (it's an extensive collection), but at $10 a bottle, I figured I wasn't going to be out much if it didn't work.

Amazingly this does everything it promises to do. Makeup and grime melt off, and I can happily say that after two weeks my skin is noticeably less oily than it usually is. Basically, I love this stuff. The foam is easy to work with and distribute across your skin (though I do wish it was a thicker, cushionier foam). I've found that this product still works well with my Mary Kay Skinvigorate brush for a deeper clean, but does a great job of getting the gunk off without stripping my skin by itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment