Search This Blog

Tuesday 25 March 2014

My Hair is Amazing Now: Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Penetrating Oil Review



I am a sucker for a good dupe. Do not get me wrong - I will be the first to tell you that you get what you pay for, and that sometimes when a company really hits the mark and comes out with something awesome and innovative that they really deserve your hard earned dollars for doing so. But I love going on the hunt for a great dupe. I think it's the magical blend of researching, saving money, feeling like I'm smart, and shopping. I especially love it when I hit the nail on the head relatively quickly.

In my Birchbox for February I received a sample of Beauty Protector's Protect and Oil and fell in love. The smell, the texture, what it did to my hair - it was amazing. I love me some science, so I set out to find out what was in this magic elixir that made it so amazing. I basically found a bunch of silicons, some argan oil, and some preservatives, dyes, and fragrance. I would be lying to you if I said I was appalled or whatever, but I don't have a problem with silicones. I do, however, have a problem paying $25-$40 a bottle for something that is mainly silicone, which means it is cheap to produce. I'm looking at you, Moroccanoil.

So after studying the list of ingredients I found that the magic basically boils down to mostly silicones, argan oil around 3rd or 4th in the ingredient list, and then maybe some filler kind of things (dyes, fragrance, preservatives). Garnier makes a pretty similar product, but a lot of people were reporting that it left a weird residue on their hair that was hard to get off, and that the fragrance was WAY too strong. I found a nice product that doesn't have any of those issues.

Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Penetrating Oil (say that three times fast) is the answer. The texture is really close to the original product, the ingredients are right on, it's only about $6 a bottle, and my hair feels as amazing as ever. I take about a dime sized dollup in my hands and concentrate it on my ends, then take about another two dimes to the rest of my hair while it is on the dryer side of damp. From there I either let it air dry or I let the oil sit in there for 10 minutes so everything can penetrate and then blow dry. My hair is light, fluffy, smooth, and smells delicious. This stuff also works great on dry ends that need a boost, but not heaviness. I catch myself petting my hair at work and then have to tell myself to stop because real adults don't do that. I also catch my husband's hands in my hair while he is asleep in the middle of the night, it is that soft. Once my hair is dry, if I braid it to sleep in it I wake up with straight hair. My hair never does that. And don't let me near a mirror if I'm in the sunshine because my color is so vibrant again I can't stop staring at myself. This post is meant to say all sorts of nice things about this product, but I feel like I'm just telling you how distracting it is. Because of the fabulousness. I feel like now is a good time to mention that this blog isn't liable for any accidents that happen when you use products we recommend and they work so well you can't stop staring at yourself in the rear view mirror.
M hair is invincible.


Do you love dupes? What's your favorite dupe? What was your best hair day ever like? 

Colleen is flipping her hair over on Twitter @bevilledeggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment