Search This Blog

Wednesday 26 March 2014

Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup - UPDATED REVIEW!


This is an updated review of the one I did about three years ago on my other channel Sapphire Makeup.

In general I like this foundation much more than I did then. I have since repurchased it twice - both in a summer and winter shade (020 for summer and 010 for winter, which was the original shade I purchased).

There are still some things I don't like about this foundation. I still do find it quite scented and that still annoys me - why do higher end companies feel the need to add fragrance to their foundation and skin care? A good chunk of fragrances are skin irritants, much like the alcohol that is also in this foundation (the third ingredient, in fact) So it is not one I use every day for those reasons. That, and the fact that I have dry skin and because it's such a matte long-wearing foundation, it dries my skin out.

I also still don't like that it sets so quickly - I really would  like a bit more time to work with my foundation to make sure it's streak-free. Sometimes I have to build this up more that I might want because it dries so fast.

Otherwise, I do find it is a medium coverage foundation - I previously said it was a light coverage. I do find it is longwearing, though still not as long as some, and it does smudge off on clothing.

It does have both UVA and UVB protectant in it which is very nice, especially since I covet my paleness. That said, I'm almost certain the pigmentation changed a bit when they reformulated the product and it went from  Diorskin Forever Extreme Wear Makeup to Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup because it starts off darker on my skin than it used to. I also find it oxidizes a bit more than before, Dior - Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Wear Makeupbut I can combat this a bit by making sure to use a primer underneath it.

Overall I'm happy enough with this foundation to have re-purchased it twice, so I guess that should say something, hahah!

If you want to try this foundation, it can be purchased (or sampled) at The Bay, Sephora, Nordstrom and any other retailer that sells Dior products.

Find us elsewhere:
Email: geeksandgorgeous@gmail.com
twitter: @geeks_gorgeous
Blog: 2geeksandgorgeous.blogspot.com
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/2GeeksandGorgeous

No comments:

Post a Comment