Search This Blog

Wednesday 5 March 2014

You've got mail! Mary Kay New Products and Limited Edition Haul

I mentioned before that Colleen and I both have direct-sales businesses. One of mine is Mary Kay. I've been selling for about a year and a half, now and I love it! (I am a makeup addict, so it helps when you can get great prices on product!) I really like the majority of the products, and I am absolutely IN LOVE with the spring lineup! 

Some of the new permanent products are a Black gel liner which replaced the liquid liner that was in the catalogue for years. I honestly love me some gel liner, so I am super pleased with this! The color is super black and goes on very smooth. It does come with a brush, but it's not a really good one for applying gel liner. I would either invest in a slanted eyeliner brush, or a slim eyeliner brush. Mary Kay does sell a slanted one, and other companies like MAC or Real Techniques also do good ones.

The CC creams replace the tinted moisturizer that was a long-time product. I will be doing a review of this since I had mixed feelings on the old tinted moisturizer but I love me my cc creams. Stay tuned for that one. (NOTE: There are 4 shades of CC cream. I ordered the light-medium because that's where I normally fall in BB/CC creams - this shade is rather dark for a light shade and I may actually need to get me the lightest one, but I'll let you know how it goes!)

Another new permanent product is a new pair of bronzers. These are now twice the size of the old ones and come in two colours rather than the four that used to be in the catalogue. (Pictures here). The two new shades do have some light shimmer to them - almost like a pearl finish so if you're looking for a completely matte one, these may not be your friends.

The White eyeliner on its own along with the retro rose lip colour
The Light-Medium IS in fact too dark for my skin.
The rest of the new permanent products are from the relatively new Mary Kay at Play collection which is geared toward younger customers. Frankly, I like the products for the most part. The jelly glosses are fabulous and are super moisturizing, though a little sticky. They match the lip crayons for colour and are called Poppy Love and Violet Vixen. These replace the darker red and purple in Crushed Plum and Hot Tamale from last season. The lip crayons come in 4 gorgeous shades (and the two new shades - an orchid in Purple Punch and a coral called Coral Me Crazy- are super pretty!) but they are not as moisturizing as some other brands are. The two new crayon colours replace Violet Love and Candied Apple from last season.

I love the baked trios because they are a really inexpensive baked eyeshadow set that comes in the season's hottest colours - purples, blues and corals. The two are called Electric Spring and Sunset Beach. The pigmentation is really great on these, and unlike some baked products, they are not super flaky and don't cause a lot of fall-out. They wear well alone, or get super intensified over top a white base. These two trios replace Tuxedo and Ocean View from last season.

The eye crayons come in two new colors as well - Over the Taupe, which is more of a bronze, and Teal me More. These replace the Green Tea and In the Navy crayons from last season.  The colour payoff is good, but do be careful to set them with powder though, as they do crease a bit, and primer is not quite enough to keep them from playing slip and slide.

As for the Limited Edition products - I love the colours and packaging! I have tried all the products in the past few days, so I could give you all a first impression as well. My absolute fave LE product from the Hello, Sunshine! collection is the white gel eyeliner. The brush that comes with it is not the greatest for eyeliner, but the colour payoff is fantastic. AND it makes a great base for underneath any eye shadow that you want to intensify! (I used it under the Electric Spring eyeshadow trio from At Play collection in the picture above. I also used the Coral lipstick for that picture)

The springy eye duos in Stonewashed and Summer Sunset are very pretty, but I will have to play with them more to figure out how to get them to stay where I want them. I tried the Stonewashed (blue and brown) the other day, and within an hour it had creased and settled and smudged out. I'm thinking of trying it over top the white liner, so I'll let you know how that goes. I may have a full out review of these products because I really want them to work!

Next we have the Creamy Lip Color lipsticks in Carefree Coral and Retro Rose. After trying both of these, all I can say is I am in LOVE! The pigmentation is beautiful, the staying power is amazing and they leave the lips feeling very moisturized. There was a similarly formulated product 2 summers ago that I believe would be the closest comparison. Otherwise, I have nothing to compare them to! They are unlike most other lip products I've tried because the formula feels really thin and moisturizing on the lips almost like a balm, but the colour lasts and doesn't cake up and crease. These are probably my fave lippies in awhile!

The only product from the LE line I haven't tried yet is the lip gel in Cherry Twist, and that's just because it's SO BRIGHT that I haven't found occasion to try it. So I shall make it my mission this weekend while I'm at the Mary Kay Career Conference to try it out.

Finally we have the mani-pedi products that come out every spring and summer. The pedicure set is always similar - it comes with foot soak tablets that fizz in the water, a pumice stone, a toe separator, an emery board and a foot gel all in a cute little bag. This year's smells like Lemon Parfait and it is heavenly! The nail polish colours are cute, too and come in super springy pastels: Lemon Parfait is a washed out yellow and Carefree Coral is a washed out orange. Neither really works for me since they are quite warm-toned, but they are definitely worth looking at!

 And there we have it! If you would like more in-depth reviews of any of these or other Mary Kay products, let me know!









No comments:

Post a Comment