Search This Blog

Wednesday 5 February 2014

Kevin Murphy Hair Care Products

A little while ago, I did a YouTube video review of some Kevin Murphy products I have tried. That video was published over 2 years ago and can be seen here on my SapphireMakeup YouTube channel:

Since then, I have tried several other lines of Kevin Murphy products and I am still in love as ever!

What I love about Kevin Murphy products for those who haven't watched the video (or don't want to) Is that they are sulfate free and are packed full of all sorts of natural ingredients like Kakadu Plum, Mango Seed Butter and Immortelle to name but a small few. And they smell so good - earthy and herbal and natural, but not like dead rotting leaves earthy and natural.

I also really enjoy the packaging.  The Shampoo and Conditioner bottles are very angular and the opening is at the bottom of the bottle, allowing the product to easily dispense. The design also allows them to store neatly in the shower. As well, the containers are colour-coded so you know exactly what bottle is what.

This company is so awesome, I pretty much have my entire year planned out in Kevin Murphy hair products! Like, if you ask me what time of year it is, I would say "oh, it's Balancing Wash and Rinse season (summer), Angel Wash and Rinse season (Spring/Fall) or Hydrate Me/ Young.Again season (winter)". Ok, that's certainly going a little overboard and I actually wouldn't say any of that, but you get where I'm going with this!

Much like your skin care routine, your hair care routine should change with the seasons. I know that with curly/wavy hair my locks require more lovin' in the winter as opposed to the summer months because I live in North America, more specifically in Canada. Now not all of Canada is super dry, but I live several mountain ranges away from the nearest ocean and therefore do not get the benefits of humidity in the air. In fact right now, I'm looking at about 35% humidity at the start of February. That's DRY!

So what I'm using on my hair these days is the Young.Again Wash and the Hydrate-Me rinse. I may pick up the Young.Again rinse this week, since it's a new product and the wash has been amazing on my hair the past couple of times I've used it. I also use the Body Guard hydrating lotion as a leave-in treatment to help keep the static out of my hair.

As for styling products, Kevin Murphy stuff does what it says it should. The Powder Puff is an incredible volumizing powder, and the Session Spray really holds your hair in place. I will admit that those are the only two I've tried, but believe me I will be checking out some more of the line!

What about you? Have you tried any Kevin Murphy products? What are your favourite hair-care products or routines?

In Geeky Gorgeousness,

Llora

No comments:

Post a Comment