Search This Blog

Friday 14 February 2014

The Laziest Smokey Eye Ever

This is what we're working with.
I am a rule follower. I can't help it, I LOVE to follow rules. So, as a rule follower, I make sure to remove my makeup before bed every night because it helps prevent breakouts, is better for your skin, ect. And because it is a Beauty Rule. It's a no brainer for me. Recently, Kristen Stewart stated in an interview that, while she cleanses her face every day, she never ever removes her eyeliner and mascara because it makes for a nice smokey, smudgy look in the morning. I thought she was nuts. How does she NOT get an eye infection, or go blind or whatever awful thing is supposed to happen when you do that?! Then I remembered my friend Hope once said that she never removes her eye make-up, either. Hope kind of looks like she could have taught Kristen Stewart how to be cool if she could be bothered to do so. What I'm saying is, the look obviously works, and works for a real life person who I know, so odds are this isn't one of those "I know I'm famous, but I just roll out of bed looking like this!" kind of gimmicks. It was enough to get my wheels turning. And I had run out of eye makeup remover. So I did my makeup in the morning like I normally would. Then before bed I cleaned my face, kind of wiped off some of the eye shadow, but didn't touch the liner or mascara.

The next morning I woke up, promptly forgot that I still had makeup on, and did a double take in the mirror when I stumbled in. I was amazed at how much of my makeup had come off on its own, so I did go over the liner again with a pencil and smudged it with my fingers and added another coat of mascara. When I washed my face (I use face wipes in the morning and save the deep cleaning for before bed) I did touch up where some liner had strayed and was getting racoony. I hate to say it, but I can't argue with the results.
This face means I hoped it wouldn't have looked so
good so I wouldn't have to worry about an eyeball falling out. 
 I added a hoodie and didn't brush my hair before pulling it back for maximum laziness points. And because it is cold and I had to be out in the snow against my will and I wound up falling on ice anyway so life is awful. But I looked really good while I did it. I'm not sure if this saved me much time in terms of every day makeup looks, but it normally would take me more time to achieve this look if I started from scratch. I'm not great with eyeliner and achieving that perfect, smudgey, dgaf look is time consuming if you're me. What do you think? Would you be willing to risk life and limb to try out a look? Are you a rule maker or a rule breaker?

Colleen is following the Terms of Service on Twitter @bevilledeggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment